Just two days remain for CCNA members to enter the 2008 Better Newspapers Competition wishing to qualify for the earlybird draw worth up to $1,500 toward the cost of attending the CCNA’s 89th National Convention in Toronto.
Entry packages must be postmarked or shipped prepaid prior to midnight on January 9 to: 8 Market St., Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario, M5E 1M6. (C.O.D. packages will not be accepted.) The final entry deadline is Friday, January 18.
In an effort to answer some of the most common questions, here are a few points to remember when entering the 2008 BNC:
* All entries require a single tear sheet – duplicates are not necessary
* One story, feature or photo may be submitted to multiple (applicable) categories
* Only one entry will be accepted per category
* For General Excellence, submit one edition for the month of May, and one from November
* The base fee to enter General Excellence is $60 + GST
* The base fee for all other categories is $55 + GST
* Premier Awards and Special Competitions are $10 / entry + GST
* E.g. A paper entering General Excellence and four Premier categories would owe $155 + GST
Finally, please note that the GST rate has been reduced to 5 percent as of January 1, 2008.
Visit the CCNA website at http://www.communitynews.ca/bncawards/2008/ to find all the rules and forms for this year’s competition. Finalists will be announced on March 10 with the awards being presented in Toronto on Friday, May 9.
If you have any questions, contact Andrew Powell at 1-877-305-2262 x29 or firstname.lastname@example.org.