The 2010 presentation on the effectiveness of newspapers and their sites is being delivered across the country by Suzanne Raitt, VP of Marketing & Innovation for CNA/CCNA. It is a creative and data-filled presentation which provides the latest research and case studies from both Canada and around the world.
It has been delivered to 75 times to agencies, advertisers and newspapers (with the goal of 100 by the end of the year). Feedback to date has been extremely positive with agencies stating:
– Surprised newspapers in Canada were only down with market in 2009 (thought they were doing much worse – like the U.S.)
– Impressed by the fact they continue to be the trusted medium
– Didn’t know that newspapers were so engaging – particular for advertising
– Unexpected that those who read online newspapers, almost all of them read the print version as well
– Stimulated by examples of innovation in newspapers – they hope that all papers will be open to interesting placements and use of the medium
– Inspired by international examples
– Excited by ereaders and what the future might hold for the medium in terms of embracing new technology
To contact Suzanne or for a list of presentations undertaken so far, go to http://www.cna-acj.ca/en/marketing.