CPF Aid to Publishers cheques to come in two installments

Newspapers Canada has received clarification from Canadian Heritage on the status of payments for the Aid to Publishers component of the Canada Periodical Fund (CPF).

Newspaper publishers will receive payments in two installments: The first, representing 80% of total funding, will be made in August of this year, while the second, covering the remaining 20%, will be made in January, 2012. During the previous funding cycle, publishers received cheques covering the full amount in June or July.

On June 9, CPF director Ramzi Saad had informed delegates at the MagNet conference of the same 80/20 payment plan for magazines.

Newspapers Canada will continue to update members with information as it becomes available via email and online at www.newspaperscanada.ca.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact Newspapers Canada’s chief executive officer John Hinds at jhinds@newspaperscanada.ca.