The Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) has announced the launch of its Spring 2023 Mentorship Program.
Since launching in August 2020, the CAJ Mentorship Program has been thrilled to include some of the best journalists from across the country. Each has signed on voluntarily to donate their time.
In keeping with the CAJ’s commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion, half of the mentors for this mentorship round are women and half are journalists of colour.
The spring 2023 roster of mentors includes:
- Ashley Wadhwani-Smith, head of editorial, Black Press Media
- Arshy Mann, host and producer, COMMONS/Canadaland
- Candace Maracle, filmmaker and journalist
- Carlos Osorio, freelance photojournalist
- Carol Linnitt, executive editor and co-founder, The Narwhal
- Cecil Rosner, investigative journalist and adjunct professor, University of Winnipeg
- Chris Bilton, climate change and sustainability editor, The Weather Network
- Cole Burston, freelance photojournalist
- David Reevely, Ottawa correspondent, The Logic
- Dennis Ward, host/producer, APTN National News and Face to Face
- Donnovan Bennett, host, Sportsnet
- Elizabeth Renzetti, author and journalist
- Geneviève Beauchemin, Quebec Bureau Chief, CTV National News
- Jason Chiu, visual editor/creative director, Headway/The New York Times
- Jimmy Thomson, freelance journalist, editor and teacher
- Judy Trinh, Ottawa correspondent, CTV National News
- Ka:nahesio Deer, reporter, CBC Indigenous
- Kareem Shaheen, founding editor, New Lines Magazine
- Katie Simpson, senior foreign correspondent, CBC News
- Katrina Clarke, investigative reporter, Winnipeg Free Press
- Lindsay Jones, Atlantic reporter, The Globe and Mail
- Michael Lista, investigative journalist, essayist and poet
- Molly Hayes, national reporter, The Globe and Mail
- Molly Thomas, investigative correspondent, CTV W5
- Nana aba Duncan, Carty Chair in Journalism, Diversity and Inclusion Studies at Carleton University and co-founder, Media Girlfriends
- Patrick White, national correspondent, The Globe and Mail
- Piya Chattopadhyay, host, CBC Radio’s The Sunday Magazine
- Sam Cooper, investigative reporter, Global News
- Shalu Mehta, editorial lead, The Discourse Cowichan
- Thibault Jourdan, digital producer, Radio-Canada
The deadline for applications is 11:59 p.m ET on Tuesday, March 28.
You ca read more about the program on the mentorship website.