Newspapers Canada undertook a study with a third party research group, Totum Research, to determine overall newspaper readership across different devices and by time of day. The same study was conducted in 2011, 2013 and 2014 which allows us to evaluate what has changed.
What hasn’t changed?
- Print and website continue to be the two key sources of newspapers for Boomers.
- Morning and evening (which is particularly strong) continue as key readership times.
- Tablet maintains its evening usage (and continues to grow).
What has changed?
- Print continues (and even increases) its dominance in importance to Boomers as a newspaper source.
- Website has grown and is now close to print as the main device for newspaper readership among Boomers.
- Phone has declined marginally.
PC: Right-click on image. Then click on "Save Target As."
MAC: Click and hold on image. Then click on "Save Link As."