Newspapers Canada undertook a study with a third party research group, Totum Research, to determine overall newspaper readership across different devices and by time of day. The same study was conducted in 2011, 2013 and 2014 which allows us to evaluate what has changed.
What hasn’t changed?
- Executives depend on newspaper media—and continue to read more than other demographics.
- They use all devices to access newspapers—print (to the same extent as all Canadians) but the other devices they use more than most.
- Newspaper websites and tablet peak for newspaper readership in the morning and evening (higher).
What has changed?
- Phone has become the top vehicle to access newspapers during the day.
- Executives are using the device at hand—their phone.
- There has been some decline in overall usage of phone and tablet although executive usage of these devices is still among the highest of all demographics.
PC: Right-click on image. Then click on "Save Target As."
MAC: Click and hold on image. Then click on "Save Link As."