- This event has passed.
From the Frontlines: Reporting from conflict zones
4 November 2017 @ 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Tune in while we explore what it’s like to report from a conflict zone, with some of Canada’s most experienced journalists. Viewers will be able to submit questions online for the panel to answer.
– Lisa LaFlamme, CTV National News chief news anchor
– Ray Homer, former ABC News senior producer
– Laura Lynch, CBC The National reporter
– Grant McDonald, Global News network managing editor
– George Chandler, former manager, Canadian Red Cross Humanitarian Issues Program in Western Canada; current freelance facilitator and educator
Looking at topics such as the importance of International Humanitarian Law, safety concerns for journalists and how to effectively report, the panel will highlight what aspiring journalists can expect from conflict-zone reporting, and what it’s important to know before they go.
Date: Saturday, November 4, 2017
Time: 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. EST
Do you wish to add an upcoming industry event to our calendar? Please send details to: / Vous aimeriez inscrire une activité à venir à notre calendrier? Veuillez envoyer tous les détails à : email@example.com