The wait for this year's National Newspaper Awards is almost over. This year's awards will be handed out at a gala, in Toronto, on May 5 at the new Globe and Mail building.
Are you excited? Here are some of the highlights for this year:
• Isabelle Hachey of La Presse is a finalist in three categories: International, Investigations, and Long Feature.
• Mark MacKinnon of the Globe and Mail is a double nominee, in Business and International. It is the 10th and 11th time he has been a finalist. He is a five-time winner of National Newspaper Awards.
• The Globe and Mail’s Grant Robertson, nominated in Explanatory Work, is a 10th-time finalist who has won five previous awards.
• Nominated for a fourth consecutive time is Mark MacKinnon of the Globe and Mail.
• Nominated for a second consecutive year are Melissa Martin and Randy Turner of the Winnipeg Free Press.
• The Globe and Mail’s Brian Gable, nominated in Editorial Cartooning, is a finalist for the 16th time. He has won six previous times.