Our esteemed judges have spoken and Newspapers Canada is thrilled to reveal the winners of the 2015 Canadian Community Newspaper Awards. This prestigious annual awards program features over 30 unique categories honouring outstanding editorial, photography, multimedia and overall excellence in community newspaper publishing. The 2015 competition saw 264 publications from coast to coast submit over 2,700 entries representing their best work from 2014.
- The Yukon News in Whitehorse, YT, received four first place wins, three second place wins and six third place wins for a total of 13 awards overall.
- The Labradorian, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL, received four first place accolades for Best News Story, Best Feature Photo, Best Photo Essay, and Best News Feature Photo.
- Outstanding Columnist was awarded to Andrew Holota of the Abbotsford News in Abbotsford, BC.
- Lookout Newspaper and Creative Services at CFB Esquimalt, BC, was named this year’s Best Canadian Force Base Newspaper.
Best Photo Illustration was awarded to the Star/Edge, Wainwright, AB, for their photo titled "We're building a dream".
- Outstanding Campus Newspaper went to The Algonquin Times, Algonquin College of Applied Arts, ON.
Newspapers Canada would like to thank all of the newspapers, judges and sponsors who participated in the 2015 Canadian Community Newspaper Awards. We are honoured to continue this annual tradition of recognizing outstanding achievements in the community newspaper industry.
The 2015 CCNAwards winners book will be available online at the end of April so be sure to check back then to view all the winning entries.
If you have any questions about the awards program, please contact Taylor Kormann at email@example.com.