Two Canadian newspapers are among the list of finalists at the 2016 EPPY Awards. The Globe and Mail has been nominated in six categories and The Brandon Sun received two nominations.
The Globe and Mail has been nominated in the following categories:
- Best Daily Newspaper Website;
- Best Business Blog;
- Best Innovation Project, for its investigative report on missing and murdered indigenous women;
- Best use of Data/Infographics, for its Dollars and Votes multimedia piece;
- Best Community Service, for its reporting on Fentanyl;
- Best Photojournalism, for its yearlong Conflict Photographers series.
The Brandon Sun's “Knights of D Day” feature is nominated in the Best News or Event Feature category and the Best News or Event Feature Video category.
Hosted annual by Editor & Publisher, the international competition celebrates outstanding digital work and innovation from news organizations around the world. The final award winners will be announced on October 26.