With unprecedented resources and the largest dedicated cannabis coverage team in the market, The Globe and Mail today launched Report on Business Cannabis Professional, a premium subscription news service for global cannabis insiders and investors.
Backed by The Globe’s award-winning journalism and the largest business newsroom in Canada, Report on Business Cannabis Professional (https://robcannabispro.com/) covers exclusive information about the cannabis sector not available elsewhere. The B2B newsletter, available weekday mornings, will include need-to-know news about policy decisions, people moves, corporate finance, and business strategy and operations. In addition, subscribers will be the first to receive alerts with breaking cannabis industry news from The Globe’s newsroom and bureaus.
“This is a product geared for people who need the best understanding of an industry that is on the cusp of a historic moment, with federal legalization coming in October,” says Rob Gilroy, Editor, Report on Business Cannabis Professional. “The opportunities and risks for entrepreneurs and investors will be huge. From tracking policy trends across the country to reporting the latest mergers and acquisitions, our seasoned reporters will cut through the noise to bring subscribers the industry intelligence and insight they need to get ahead.”
Gilroy, a Report on Business veteran, leads a team of experienced journalists to bring subscribers essential news and insights. The group includes:
- Globe cannabis reporters Christina Pellegrini and Mark Rendell;
- Marcy Nicholson, a veteran journalist from Reuters joining The Globe to cover the industry in Western Canada from our Calgary bureau;
- Jessie Willms, a data journalist with a strong track record who joined The Globe from CBC;
- Award-winning business writer David Milstead;
- Members of The Globe and Mail’s Report on Business team, including financial columnist Andrew Willis and investing writer David Berman; as well as
- Cannabis experts from outside The Globe.
Report on Business editor Derek DeCloet oversees the product, which exemplifies The Globe’s expected journalism excellence.
“Cannabis professionals globally are looking to Canada to see how we navigate the first recreational cannabis legalization in a G7 country,” says Gilroy. “Our coverage will go behind the headlines for a comprehensive view of this multi-billion-dollar market.”
“The Globe and Mail is respected for its business reporting across the country and its coverage of new industries such as cannabis,” says Phillip Crawley, The Globe’s Publisher and CEO. “With significant change occurring weekly, if not daily, in the cannabis sector, The Globe is well-placed to provide subscribers with what they need to know to make better business decisions with current and reliable news and analysis.”
Report on Business Cannabis Professional is supported by a dedicated business team:
- Pierre Kitchell – Manager, Premium Digital Subscriptions
- Carlos Morales – Product Marketing Manager
- Garth Thomas – Managing Director, Business and Financial Products
- Lindsey Lowy – Director, Consumer Marketing
- Scott Adams – Director, Digital Subscription Product Development
- Neal Madan – Managing Director, Corporate Development & Planning