Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities and Newspapers Canada have partnered to educate Canadians about the impact that Jumpstart is making in their communities. Through awareness, Canadians will learn the value of the program, support it, spread the word about it, and participate in it. Newspapers play an important role in this public service mission by telling stories about the program from a human interest perspective.
Together, Canadian Tire Jumpstart and Newspapers Canada aim to:
- Promote the charitable mission of Canadian Tire Jumpstart in communities across Canada.
- Raise public awareness of Canadian Tire Jumpstart and its activities.
- Encourage families to apply to Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
- Encourage the general public and corporate sector to donate to Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
- Provide newspapers with information and editorial resources for use in coverage of Jumpstart in their communities.
- Encourage participation by newspapers and in-depth coverage through a writing competition.
Click the links below for entry details and to learn more about the Jumpstart Awards.
About Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program that helps financially disadvantaged kids participate in organized sport and recreation by covering registration, equipment and/or transportation costs. Since 2005, Canadian Tire Jumpstart has helped give more than 500,000 Canadian kids the chance to play and the momentum is stronger than ever. To lend your support, visit Canadian Tire Jumpstart at jumpstart.canadiantire.ca.
About Newspapers Canada
Newspapers Canada is a joint initiative of the Canadian Newspaper Association and the Canadian Community Newspapers Association. As the voice of Canada’s newspaper industry, the two associations combined represent over 830 daily, weekly, and community newspapers in every province and territory in Canada.