Newspapers Canada is proud to provide a variety of awards programs, services and resources for Canadian Newspaper Association (CNA) and Canadian Community Newspapers Association (CCNA) members.
INK+BEYOND Conference and Trade Show
This annual industry conference features an impressive line-up of speakers, training sessions, social events, exhibitors, awards galas and more. Visit the INK+BEYOND website for more details about the upcoming conference.
Training and Education
As a way to deliver cost-effective training to members across the country, Newspapers Canada schedules an annual webinar series. Visit our training centre for more information about educational resources and programs scheduled throughout the year.
Newspapers Canada has a number of recognition programs to honour outstanding editorial content and advertising in Canadian daily and community newspapers.
- Canadian Community Newspaper Awards (formerly Better Newspapers Competition) recognizing excellence in community journalism
- EXTRA Awards for creative advertising
- Great Idea Awards for newspaper marketing and promotions
- Goff Penny Awards for young journalists from daily newspapers
- Quill Recognition Program honouring individuals for long service to the community newspaper industry.
We also support the National Newspaper Awards for editorial excellence.
Each month newspapers from across Canada provide confidential information on their advertising volumes into Newspapers Canada’s Linage system. Researchers and economists can purchase access to top-line linage data on a subscription basis.
Newspapers Canada prepares both print and digital publications that deliver relevant industry information to our members.
- Weekly e-newsletter: News on News
- Monthly ad agency newsletter: The Scoop
- Quarterly legal roundup: The Press and The Courts
- Annual Reports: Freedom of Information Audit, Canadian Circulation Data Report, Canadian Circulation Rates Report (members only), Non-Publishing Days Report.
Visit our Events Calendar to stay up to date on all of the latest events happening within Canada’s Newspaper Industry.