News Media Canada is proud to provide a variety of awards programs, services and resources for members.
Training and Education
Deliver cost-effective professional development to your employees through News Media Canada's training and educational offerings. Visit our Webinars page for the latest bite-sized courses from our partners, or click here for more intensive sales certification programs. Learn on your own time at NewspaperTraining.ca or visit the Events page for upcoming conferences and workshops.
Recognize teamwork and individual achievement through News Media Canada's awards programs, honouring outstanding editorial content and advertising in Canadian daily and community newspapers.
- Canadian Community Newspaper Awards celebrating excellence in community newspaper publishing and student journalism
- Great Idea Awards for newspaper marketing and promotions
- Goff Penny Awards for young journalists from daily newspapers
- Quill Recognition Program honouring individuals for long service to the news media industry.
We also support the National Newspaper Awards for editorial excellence in daily newspapers.
Stay informed and up to date with News Media Canada digital publications that deliver relevant industry news and information.
- Weekly e-newsletter: News on News - Distributed every Thursday to your email inbox. Members are automatically subscribed to News on News.
- Monthly ad agency newsletter: The Scoop - Monthly digest of activities and innovation in the news media industry.
- Annual Freedom of Information Audit
- Industry statistical reports
Visit our Events Calendar to stay up to date on all of the latest events happening within Canada’s news media industry.