Judge Nomination Form
News Media Canada is seeking leading industry professionals to serve as judges for the annual Canadian Community Newspaper Awards. Volunteer your time and expertise, and contribute to the growth of Canada’s news media industry.
If you are interested in judging, complete the form below. Or, nominate other qualified professionals. Judges must meet the following requirements:
- Have significant work experience relevant to the category to be judged, and meet one or more of the following additional criteria:
- Have experience as a past judge in the category to be judged or a similar category;
- Have expertise as a past winner in the category to be judged or a similar category;
- Be nominated to judge by a peer at a News Media Canada-member newspaper or news media organization;
- Be employed in the news media industry;
- Be employed in a field related to the category to be judged. This includes, but is not limited to, journalism professors at the post-secondary level and individuals working in related fields such as advertising or photography.
Entries will be sent to judges in print and/or digital format, and judging will take place in April/May. Judges’ comments and constructive feedback will be published in the Winners book and judges will be acknowledged alongside the category judged.
Only those selected to serve as judges will be contacted, and their category assignment will be confirmed at that time.
Questions? Contact the Awards Coordinator at email@example.com.