The Canadian Community Newspaper Awards (CCNAwards) are underway and News Media Canada is seeking English and French-speaking newspaper professionals from across the country to serve as judges.
Interested volunteers must have significant work experience relevant to the category being judged, as well as meeting one or more of the following additional criteria:
- Have experience as a past judge in the category to be judged or a similar category;
- Have expertise as a past winner in the category to be judged or a similar category;
- Be nominated to judge by a peer at a News Media Canada member newspaper;
- Be employed in the newspaper industry;
- Be employed in a field related to the category to be judged. This includes, but is not limited to, journalism professors at the post-secondary level and individuals working in related fields such as advertising or photography.
Judging the CCNAwards can be a rewarding experience. It allows for an exclusive look at the best articles, photographs, headlines, stories, and overall newspapers from the past calendar year.
The contest judging will take place in May, and volunteers must commit to judging the entirety of their assigned category. Advice and constructive feedback will be published in the Winner’s Book.
If interested, please fill out the online form to nominate yourself or a colleague.
Only those selected to serve as judges will be contacted, and their category assignment will be confirmed at that time.
For more information, please contact Kelly Gorven at email@example.com.