CANADIAN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPER AWARDS
The Canadian Community Newspaper Awards have once again partnered with Newspaper Toolbox to provide an online entry platform for this year’s competition. This online entry system is designed to make the process of entering the CCNAwards quick and easy.
To download a PDF version of the entry book, please click on the appropriate link below:
Community Newspapers and Canadian Forces Base Newspapers
• Entry Book - Click Here
• Entry Book - Click Here
Entry Procedures – Overview
Step 1 – Account Set-up:
- On the entry site, create an account for this competition by clicking on Create an Account Now in the login area on the left.
- Select the name of your newspaper from the drop down menu.
- Fill in your contact information.
- Click the Submit button.
An email will be sent to you with your temporary username and password for this contest. You may change this username and password at any time by clicking on My Account.
You will only need to create an account once, regardless of how many categories you choose to enter.
Step 2 – Understanding Your Entries Page:
When you log in for the first time with your temporary username and password, you will arrive at your entries page. Refer to this page whenever you want to submit new entries, edit previously submitted entries, upload files or proceed to the payment of these entries. Submitted entries may be modified up to the contest entry deadline – not after the deadline has passed.
Step 3 – Submitting Entries:
Follow the step-by-step instructions for submitting each entry and uploading your material. There are several file formats available for you to upload your entries.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Kelly Gorven, Awards Coordinator, at 1-877-305-2262 ext. 4439 or email@example.com.
Hard copy entries:
The following categories require one full set of hard copy tear sheets in addition to PDF tearsheets to be uploaded through our online entry system.
- 101 - General Excellence
- 221 - Outstanding Community Service
- 222 - Best Holiday Edition
- 224 - Best Sports Coverage
- 231 - Best Canadian Forces Base Newspaper
- 401 - Outstanding Campus Newspaper
Submitting your hard copy tear sheets:
- One full set of original tear sheets is required for each entry.
- Submit all entry credits via the online entry system.
- Print a copy of your entry form from the entry site and attach it to the appropriate tear sheet.
- Payment is required with the entries to complete the entry process. Payment can be made by credit card or by cheque.
Entries for the above categories should be couriered to:
c/o News Media Canada
37 Front Street East, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M5E 1B3
Submit packages and payment no later than Friday, April 12, 2019.
For detailed instructions, including information on what to submit for each category, please refer to the Entry Book.
Early bird Draw (News Media Canada members only)
- News Media Canada members are eligible for an earlybird draw. Enter by April 5, 2019, for a chance to win back your total entry fee.
If you have any questions, contact Kelly Gorven, Awards Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.