We continue to accept applications, particularly for freelance, part-time, and short-term contract positions. Contact us at email@example.com or read below for more information.
Applicants are required to:
- review the Local Journalism Initiative – Application Guidelines 2020-2021;
- complete the Local Journalism Initiative – Application Form 2020-2021;
- print a hard copy of the Application Form, sign it, and email or courier it to News Media Canada, along with the following supporting documents:
- Articles of Incorporation (for a first time applicant or incorporated in the year, if applicable);
- Financial statements from the most recently completed financial year (if audited financial statements are available, please submit);
- For print publications: One copy of a regular issue from each of the four quarters from the last 12 months (total of 4 regular issues);
- For print publications: Printer’s invoices for the 4 regular issues being submitted (printer’s invoices must clearly show the number of copies printed); and,
- For publications whose digital publication or website has a paywall: Website account information (username and password) to be used by the Local Journalism Initiative for verification purposes.
Additional information and documents, such as circulation audit reports, website traffic audit reports, brand reports, media kit or additional issues may be required to determine the eligibility of a publication.
January 27, 2020
When an application deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
Local Journalism Initiative
News Media Canada
37 Front Street East, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M5E 1B3
1-877-305-2262 ext. 3327
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).