NOTE: In compliance with government directives regarding the current health crisis, the News Media Canada office building is closed and staff are working remotely. Please submit applications in confidence by email only to email@example.com.
Applications are being sought for new projects and renewal of existing projects from Quebec French media, English media from the rest of Canada, and Indigenous media across the country. All projects in this round should be completed by March 31, 2022.
Print and digital news media are eligible to apply for funding to News Media Canada. Applications are due on Friday, March 26, 2021.
Applicants are required to:
- review the Local Journalism Initiative – Application Guidelines 2021-2022;
- complete the Local Journalism Initiative – Application Form 2021-2022;
- print a hard copy of the Application Form, sign it, and email it to News Media Canada
- new applications must also include the following supporting documents:
- Articles of Incorporation (for a first time applicant or incorporated in the year, if applicable);
- Financial statements from the most recently completed financial year (for a first time applicant; if audited financial statements are available, please submit);
- For print publications: One digital replica of a regular issue from each of the four quarters from the last 12 months (total of 4 regular issues);
- For print publications: Printer’s invoices for the 4 regular issues being submitted (printer’s invoices must clearly show the number of copies printed); and,
- For publications whose digital publication or website has a paywall: Website account information (username and password) to be used by the Local Journalism Initiative for verification purposes.
Additional information and documents, such as circulation audit reports, website traffic audit reports, brand reports, media kit or additional issues may be required to determine the eligibility of a publication.
Friday, March 26, 2021
When an application deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.