Notice is hereby given that an Annual General Meeting of the members of the Canadian Community Newspapers Association will be held in the Pier 4 Room of the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, on Wednesday, May 7, 2008, at the hour of 1:00 P.M. for the following purposes:
- to receive and consider the audited financial statements of the Association for its fiscal year ended December 31, 2007;
- to appoint auditors for 2008;
- to receive the reports of the President, Chief Executive Officer, and Regional Affiliated Associations;
- to conduct such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
Dated this 21st day of April, 2008.
Minutes of the 2007 Annual General Meeting held on May 9 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, may be downloaded from the CCNA web site at www.communitynews.ca/minutes.
CALL FOR RESOLUTIONS
The Canadian Community Newspapers Association invites the submission of resolutions for discussion and action at the 2008 Annual General Meeting. President Coleen Campbell has appointed the following as the Resolutions Committee:
- Chair: Joyce Webster, Coronation (AB) Review
- George Bakoyannis, Laval (QC) The Laval News
Members wishing to present resolutions before or during the Annual General Meeting are urged to have them prepared for submission to the above named committee.
If you are unable to attend, please complete and submit the enclosed proxy form.