Newspapers Canada is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 Great Idea Awards. Each year, Newspapers Canada recognize the most creative and innovative examples of newspaper marketing and promotion from newspapers across the country.
The 2015 competition had 54 daily and community newspapers submit over 200 entries featuring their best print and digital advertising and promotional work from 2014.
- The Abbotsford News, Abbotsford, BC, received eight awards in total this year including first place wins for Promotional Campaign, Advertising – Print, Digital Innovation, and Newspaper Marketing and Promotion.
- The Toronto Star, Toronto, ON, won 5 awards within its circulation class at this year’s competition including a first place win in both the Advertising – Print, and in the Young Reader Engagement Initiative categories.
- “Be Sexy Read French,” a campaign by La Liberté, St-Boniface, MB, took first place in the Newspaper Marketing and Promotion category in their circulation class.
- The Montreal Gazette, Montreal, QC, won first place in the Digital Innovation category for their “Fairmont Resorts Campaign.”
- “Lest We Forget Commemorative Edition” by the Fort Frances Times, Fort Frances, ON, took first place in the Special Sections category within its circulation class.
- Newspapers Canada would like to thank all of the newspapers, judges and sponsors who participated in the 2015 Great Idea Awards. We are honoured to continue this annual tradition of recognizing outstanding achievements in the newspaper industry.
The 2015 Great Idea Awards winners book will be available online at the end of April so be sure to check back then to view all the winning entries.
If you have any questions about the awards program, please contact Taylor Kormann at email@example.com.