A reminder to mark your calendar for next year’s newspaper conference, back in Toronto and bigger than ever! Newspapers Canada is teaming up with the Ontario Community Newspapers Association (OCNA), the Canadian Circulation Management Association (CCMA) and the Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) for a week-long series of speaker presentations, awards galas, networking events and more.
Opening Reception at the CN Tower
Enjoy food, drinks and breathtaking views of the city as we kick off the 2012 conference at the top of Toronto, the historic CN Tower on April 25, 2012.
The 2012 conference program covers every aspect of the newspaper business with sessions designed for all departments including editorial, advertising, circulation and management. Speakers from around the world will not only inspire, but give you the take-away tools you need to implement successful changes at your publication. This year’s confirmed sessions include:
- Grzegorz Piechota, head of public awareness and social campaigns for one of Poland’s largest national newspapers, will offer insights and examples of how your newspaper can inspire readers to build a community around the brand.
- Saul Hansell, former New York Times tech reporter and Huffington Post editor, will show you how to harness the power of digital tools and social media to help your newspaper stand out in an increasingly competitive marketplace.
The 2012 conference will take place at the majestic Fairmont Royal York Hotel in the heart of downtown Toronto.
Last year’s conference site sold out over a month before the event. Don’t miss out—reserve your room early at the special conference rate of $185. Click here to book your accommodations today.
- Canadian Community Newspaper Awards Reception and Gala – Thursday, April 26
- National Newspaper Awards Reception and Gala – Friday, April 27
- Ontario Community Newspapers Awards Reception and Gala – Friday, April 27
Registration is coming soon!
The online registration system for INK+BEYOND 2012 will be open later on this month.
For more information about the upcoming conference, visit www.inkandbeyond.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For exhibitor and sponsorship information, contact Julie West, email@example.com or call 416-923-3567, ext. 248.