The 2017-2018 Applicant’s Guide and Application Form for the Aid to Publishers component of the Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) are now available.
Canadian Heritage has made a number of important adjustments to the funding program in order to help the industry in this transformation period. Please review these changes carefully before completing your application.
- The required minimum of copies sold for magazines and non-daily newspapers has been reduced.
- For magazines and non-daily newspapers, the minimum required has gone down from 5,000 to 3,500 paid copies.
- For special categories (Aboriginal, official language minority, ethnocultural and LGBT) magazines and non-daily newspapers, the paid minimum has gone from 2,500 to 2,000 paid copies.
- The exemption for the criterion to have sold at least 50% of copies through subscription copies, single-copy/newsstand copies and sponsored now applies to all special categories (including non-daily ethnocultural newspapers).
- The funding formula will provide greater consideration to small sized periodicals. Also, it will take into account periodicals from special categories and periodicals that also exist in digital format.
- Definitions have been revised for editorial content, newsletter and special issue.
- New definitions have been included for advertorial content, original content and sponsored content.
Click here to access the Canada Periodical Fund – Aid to Publishers materials.
The deadline to submit your application is Monday, December 19, 2016. Please note that an application postmarked or stamped after the application deadline will not be accepted.
Canadian Heritage has set service standards for the timely delivery of its funding programs and plans to issue a written notification of the funding decision within a 30-week timeline applied as of the program’s deadline.
Should you require additional information, please contact Canadian Heritage at 1-866-811-0055 or via email at PCH.fondsdesperiodiquescanada-canadaperiodicalfund.PCH@canada.ca.