What would a conference be without a round of golf?
World-class Glen Abbey Golf Club, site of the Canadian Open, has been selected for this 2008 pre-conference event, and organizers would like to know who is interested. Open to registered conference delegates, this is a unique opportunity to do business with advertisers and agency representatives.
The plan is for a shotgun start at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, May 6. Each foursome will include conference delegates and members of the advertising community. Delegates may register as a foursome with advertiser guests, or individually. Duffers are welcome, i.e., previous experience not required.
CCNA and its conference partner, the Canadian Newspaper Association (CNA), have negotiated the following rates:
- $295 per person ÔÇô includes cart, boxed lunch, dinner, and transportation
- $260 per person ÔÇô includes cart, boxed lunch, and dinner
If you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org, answering the following questions:
- How many people will you be registering? # of Delegates:______; # of Guests:______
- How many in your group will you be renting clubs? (cost is $45 per person)
- Will you need transportation?
Deadline for responses is Friday, February 15. Golf registration forms will be posted shortly on the conference website at www.inkandbeyond.ca.
About “Ink & Beyond”
CCNA members should register early and make travel plans now for the 2008 conference, dubbed “Ink & Beyond” and taking place in Toronto from May 7 to 9. Over 400 delegates from community media and daily newspapers are expected to attend. Confirmed speakers include:
- international media guru Rishad Tobaccowala, who will present current trends in consumer/reader behaviour;
- Google’s business product manager Josh Cohen, who will speak about Google News; and
- advertising and marketing expert Bob McInnis, who will identify “The Fastest Way to Serious Ad Revenue Increases.”
Numerous networking opportunities, breakout sessions, the Better Newspapers Competition Awards Gala, and a trade show are also included.
For more information, including program, hotel reservations and registration details, visit the conference website at www.inkandbeyond.ca.