In 2012 Canada’s daily newspaper circulation (paid and free) stood at 6,000,147 copies on an average publishing day and 35,964,745 copies over the course of a week according to the latest Circulation Data Report released by Newspapers Canada. There were 95 English and French paid-for dailies in Canada last year and 29 free dailies for a grand total of 124 daily newspapers.
- Paid daily newspapers (95) accounted for a total of 4,199,421 copies on an average publishing day and 26,989,756 copies over the week.
- Free daily newspapers (29) accounted for a total of 1,800,726 copies on an average publishing day and 8,974,989 copies over the week.
The 2012 Circulation Data Report is available for member newspapers in the Members Area of the Newspapers Canada website. Please note, you must be logged in to view the report.
Public portions of the report are available at the links below:
- 2012 Daily Newspapers Circulation Report (XLS)
- 2012 Daily Newspapers Circulation by Ownership Group (PDF)
- 2012 Daily Newspapers – Ownership Groups Listing (PDF)
The 2012 Circulation data report calculates total circulation levels based on AMM, CMCA, CCAB or owner-provided data.
For more information, please contact Kelly Levson, Director of Research, at email@example.com