Recent research confirms the effectiveness of print newspaper advertising for building brand awareness as well as generating responses to tactical campaigns.
The Reader Intelligence Unit (RIU) at The Hindu Group of newspapers studied the behaviour of their readers and responses to print ads to confirm these key takeaways, as detailed in a recent INMA post.
- Creative is critical, particularly when it comes to direct messaging.
- Large format will command attention, but frequency is also a powerful option.
- Consistent page position impacts frequency effectiveness.
- Context-specific placement impacts ROI by placing ads in front of the right audiences.
- Advertorial can generate substantial returns to generate awareness or drive responses.