The Canadian Community Newspapers Association (CCNA) and the Canadian Newspaper Association (CNA) are seeking submissions from speakers interested in presenting at the annual conference, Ink and Beyond, to be held May 20 to 22, 2009 at the Centre Sheraton Hotel in Montreal.
Attended by up to 400 delegates each year, the conference brings together publishers, editors and industry executives from daily and weekly newspapers across Canada.
The conference includes a trade show, and gala dinners for the Better Newspapers Competition Awards and the National Newspaper Awards.
Ink & Beyond has three content streams requiring breakout sessions for these topics:
- The New Advertising Mix (video advertising, online success, sales performance)
- The 21st Century Newsroom (user generated content, multi-media story planning, covering communities in new ways)
- Audience Building and Innovation (niche publications, leveraging social media, inspiring design)
Plenary speakers are also required to speak on the following topics:
- Wednesday: Succeeding in the new consumer culture
- Thursday: Blended Media
- Friday: Transforming the Organization (New Business Models – Acquisition, Convergence or R&D? WhatÔÇÖs the best strategy for growth?)
Submit a description of your presentation as well as background information on your company, previous speaking experience and your expected remuneration to Susan Down, Managing Director, Dailies, CNA at 416-923-3567 ex 231 or email@example.com.
The deadline is Tuesday, September 30.