Vividata, (vividata.ca) Canada’s leading cross-media and consumer behaviour, today released their latest findings. Surveying 42,739 Canadians (aged 14+) from April 2017 through to March 2018, Vividata’s survey of the Canadian consumer is the largest cross-media research study in Canada.
A sample of highlights from the Vividata 2018 Summer Study includes:
- 74% of Canadian adults read newspaper brand content in the past week, with half accessing content via a mobile device.
- While readers more actively access digital newspaper brand content on the weekdays, on weekends, 1 out of 2 readers read exclusively on print.
- 71% of adults in markets with a population under 100,000, read a community newspaper in the past month, and 56% in the past week.
- 9 out of 10 Canadians read a magazine brand in the past three months. 1 in 4 magazine readers searched online for a product, brand or service advertised in a magazine, while just over 1 in 10 made a purchase.
- 11 million Canadian adults used Netflix in the past week and 7 out of 10 of them binge watched at least once in the past month.
- Just over 1 in 3 Canadians stream music on a mobile device, with nearly 20% of them using Spotify.
To read the entire study, please click here.